For Parents & Educators
Spread the Word about College Board Opportunity Scholarships
The College Board Opportunity Scholarships is a different kind of scholarship program. Students don’t have to write an essay, fill out an application, or have a specific GPA or test score. The program rewards students for simply completing the actions they need to take in order to apply to college. For more information, please see Scholarship Details and Official Rules.
Get fellow parents and educators excited about the College Board Opportunity Scholarships program and encourage your students to join.
How You Can Spread the Word
Use the following resources to help guide your students through the program.
Pledge to Connect Your Students to Scholarships
When you pledge to tell your students about our program, we’ll mail you the following resources:
- College Board Opportunity Scholarships Resources and Handouts Booklet
- Advisement Tracking Pad
Social Media Language
Use this sample language to spread the word about College Board Opportunity Scholarships through any of your social media channels.
- The @CollegeBoard #OpportunityScholarships program guides students through the college planning process and offers them a chance to earn money for college for each action they complete. cb.org/opportunity
- The new @CollegeBoard #OpportunityScholarships program is awarding $5M in #scholarships to the class of 2020. There is no GPA or family income requirement. Students simply get rewarded for the work they're already doing to apply for college. cb.org/opportunity
- High school juniors: You may be eligible for @CollegeBoard #OpportunityScholarships. Earn #scholarships from $500 to $40,000 while planning for college. Learn more. cb.org/opportunity
- The @CollegeBoard is awarding $5 MILLION in scholarships every year over the next five years, beginning with the class of 2020. No application is required. All students have to do is plan for college. cb.org/opportunity
Use this guide to review how BigFuture will help students to identify colleges that are a Reach, Match or Safety based on standardized test scores.
Share this flyer with your child or students to encourage them to join the College Board Opportunity Scholarships program.
Use this guide to help your students earn scholarship opportunities through the College Board Opportunity Scholarships.
Share this checklist with your students to help them understand each scholarship opportunity.
This PowerPoint can help you guide parents, staff, and students through the scholarship program.
Use this poster to spread the word about the program.
This poster shows how the program works, including the six scholarship steps and the overall Complete Your Journey scholarship.